Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Beautiful Day Today

I have not written in a few days. Just kind of adjusting to the nice weather we are getting and to going back to a regular schedule again. On Sunday it was kind of windy but the boys wanted to play outside. I included a picture of them playing on Sunday. Isaac is busy trying to learn how to drive his bike without training wheels. He learned last year but did not get much practice in before the snow came. He has been doing really well, especially since he is trying to ride the bike in grass.
Monday brought another windy day but the temperature was not too bad that day either. Monday I had off from work so I got to spend the day at home with the boys. Isaac had preschool in the morning and Avery had his speech session that he had to go to. They both get on their buses so well. They sure do grow up fast. Before I know it all three of the boys will be old enough to go to school. Right now I have to enjoy them while they are young and enjoy the time I have alone with Mason, even though it is only about 40 minutes that Avery is gone.

Monday afternoon when my dad got off of work he
stopped by the house after he got off of work. He stopped to help fix a problem that we were having with the outlets in the boys bedroom. They were not working but my dad and Ronnie figured it out. While Ronnie had to run and get another outlet to help fix the problem my dad and the boys played in the backyard for awhile. Isaac loved the fact that grandpa threw the football with him. I think my dad enjoyed it just as much as Isaac. Since there are four girls in my family and no boys he did not get to throw the football to us as none of us were much interested in that type of thing. I took a few pictures of them enjoying some outdoor time. Later after my dad had gone home and we had supper we took a walk along the bike path by our house. The boys had some bread they wanted to feed to the ducks in the creek by the path but since it was kind of late and cool outside we did not see any ducks to feed. We all enjoyed the family time together though.


Tuesday I had to work at 5 am. The day was not so bad at work but I was happy to get off and get the boys from daycare. It was a beautiful day out and for once there was not a lot of wind. I made supper for us and when Ronnie got home and we all ate we then ventured out to Wylie Park.
We brought the bread along that we had as there is a little Zoo in Storybook Land at the park. We walked to the pond where the ducks and geese were located with three excited boys. Avery was the most excited. I have to admit, I was a little excited too. I love animals and since we live in town we do not get to see too many. When we got to the pond there were a few geese standing by the fence. The boys got really excited when all the other geese realized we had food for them and swam across the pond to get their share too. All three boys got in on the action but I made sure to remind them to keep their hands away from the fence and just throw the bread over the top or through it so that they would not get their little fingers bitten. The bread lasted for quite awhile but when it ran out it was getting cool and we headed home. The boys said that they would like to do it again so the next time we get some extra bread we will have to do that.

Today I have off of work also and do not have a whole lot planned. Laundry like usual needs to be done but other then that I would like to take the boys to the park by our house since it is supposed to be in the upper 70's today. Right now Isaac is at preschool and later he has soccer practice. He has his first game this Saturday so I will try to take pictures and will have to let everyone know how he did. He is very excited. That is all for now but will maybe post some more later.

2 comments:

  1. What a neat story about the geese! I can just imagine three little boys very excitedly feeding some anxious birds their pieces of bread. :)
    I remember how much we children enjoyed Storybook Land when we were small... I hope that someday I'll be able to take my children there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That best not be dad in that picture. xD

    ReplyDelete