Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Been Awhile

Well, it has been awhile since I have last written anything. We had a busy few days here and I have not been on the computer or the internet that much.

Thursday Ronnie had softball practice and then one of our friends came over and watched the boys for a little while so that we could go look at getting a different vehicle. The fuel pump in our Blazer went out. It has served us well and I hate to get rid of it but it has over 300,000 miles on it. After we looked at a few vehicles we came home and ended up talking to our friend until midnight! This was not such a good idea since we both had to work on Friday.

Friday started out kind of bad as we slept through the alarm and had to hurry and get everybody ready. We all made it to work, daycare and school on time though. My day at work was horrible! It was very, very busy and the morning person had called in sick so I was the only one to go to the floors and draw the patients. Nobody else thought that they should help me and I barely got a break in. I was so happy when work was over with. We then ran out to the mall and I had to get myself a new phone because the arrows and the 9 key did not work on my old one. It has been like this for awhile but Ronnie said that is not very safe or smart because if something would happen I could not even dial 911 for help. It took forever at the store as there were only two people working, a lot of customers, and one of the employees working was very, very slow. We were there for over an hour. Some nice lady let me go before her because we had the kids and I thanked her profusely. I was just glad we came when we did as there were even more people behind us. We were all happy to get home that night.

On Saturday I had to get up early to work at the Red Cross Health Fair that was being held at Northern State University. One of my coworkers named Ann picked me up at 7 am. The Health Fair went really well. I was at the head of the first table so I drew a lot of people. It was just a great experience and I met a lot of really nice people. In fact the lady who let me go before her the night before was there and I got to thank her once again for letting me go before her. It is amazing how something as small as that can make such a difference. You do not meet to many kind people that would have done that and I thanked her many times on Friday night and was glad that I got to thank her again on Saturday. That small act of kindness meant a lot.

That afternoon after I got done with the Health Fair we went to Isaac's first soccer game of the year. He did pretty well. He does not like to get in the big group when they are all kicking at the ball. He prefers to play defense and wait for the ball to come out of the group of people before he kicks at it. He does a great job cheering for his teammates and for this I am very proud of him. He is so unselfish most of the time. He would rather let the other children have the ball and be cheering for them.

Saturday night after the kids went to bed Ronnie and I watched a movie together and it was just nice to spend a little quiet time together. I was really surprised that I did not fall asleep during the movie as I have a tendency to do that. My foot probably hurt to much because I smacked my toe really hard against the corner of the wall. Heard something crack but looks like nothing is broken or anything. Just still a little tender sometimes.

On Sunday it was pretty dreary and wet here. The boys were disappointed as they wanted to play outside. We cleaned the house and spent the day building with their blocks and playing with their toys.

This morning Isaac had school again and Avery went to speech. They were both so excited to go. If the weather stays nice they will get to go outside later to play. Isaac is still working on riding his bike. Hopefully the weather stays nice all week as Ronnie has a softball game on Wednesday night and Isaac has another soccer game on Thursday and Saturday. But, Avery will be home any minute so I better finish this up. Hope that everyone has a good day today.

1 comment:

  1. Wow--it sounds like you've been really busy too. I hope your toe heals up quickly and I'm glad you got a new phone...Nines are most helpful numbers to have at times! Did you find another vehicle you liked?

    ReplyDelete